Monday, August 16, 2021
7:45 AM - 5:00 PM | Registration
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM | NAHU Workshop - Self-Funding Certification
Developed by experts in the market space, this 3-hour course is highly sought after by brokers/agents of all levels in their knowledge and provides practical instruction that will ensure that students understand the key technical components of Self Funding and are better prepared to counsel their clients on the various benefits of elimination of most premium tax, lowering cost of administration, claims/administration and customer service for employees.
Historically, employers have turned to the self-funding of their health plans when traditional insurance programs failed to meet their cost expectations. The many thousands of employers in the U.S. who have implemented self-insured medical programs later discovered the other advantages such as coverage flexibility and client-specific benefit plan administration. Self-funding is one of the most effective ways
employers can control the rising costs of healthcare coverage. In understanding self-funding as a concept and how it differs from fully insured products, this course will help provide in detail how it all works and proven methods for communicating this option to employers and employees in a compelling way.
The NAHU Self-Funded Certification course for classroom study:
- Self-funding – What Is It and Why Is It Growing In Popularity?
- ERISA and Self-funding
- Comparison of Plan Funding Options
- Stop-loss Terms and Concepts
- Stop-loss Claims Submission and Payment
- Renewal Practices and Philosophy
- Plan Administration and the Future of Self-Funding
Speaker: David C. Smith, Vice President for Compliance and Risk Management - EbenConcepts
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Easing the HR Benefits Education Burden
The Covid-19 landscape has and continues to put a significant strain on employers—specifically HR teams. Clients are stressed and fearful of (or already dealing with) HR team burnout. Now more than ever, brokers need to connect their clients to partners that provide comprehensive benefits education resources and digital decision support tools to help support HR teams while also helping employees make the best health insurance choices to maximize their employee benefits and overall financial wellness.
- What keeps employees from making the best health insurance choices?
- Most people don’t understand health insurance
- Poor understanding of benefits leads to costly, suboptimal decisions
- How comprehensive educational resources and digital decision support technology can help people confidently and quickly make the right decision
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Benefits 2025: Creating the Benefits Experience of Tomorrow
Integrated information will play a critical role in the future of benefits, offering the opportunity for a single connected experience that simplifies administration and makes benefits easier to choose, use and manage.
- Gain insight into what a connected future looks like for the benefits industry, how you can be prepared to deliver on your client’s vision, empower employees and provide a personalized end-to-end experience.
- Learn how you can empower yourself today with insights that are useful to you and your clients and hear real-life examples of how data can influence better health outcomes.
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
The Consolidated Appropriations Act: Growing Your Business By Leaning into the New Legislation
- Understand the impact and implications of the CAA legislation on your practice and for your client as a Fiduciary
- Develop new clients and retain more business by incorporating a solid fiduciary procurement process through technology into your practice
- Utilize high tech data analytics to provide solutions that can dramatically reduce your client’s healthcare expenses while improving outcomes
2:30 PM - 3:00 PM | Networking & Refreshment Break
4:05 PM - 5:00 PM | Opening Keynote: Rapid Growth in the Face of Uncertainty
Today’s executives are confronted with new challenges that threaten their continued growth and survival. With increased competition, disruptive technologies, and tough economic climates, market share is dwindling and discounted acquisition is steadily on the rise. This insightful keynote provides participants with a full understanding of how to stay competitive in a constantly changing landscape. They’ll discover how to achieve sustained success in the face of smaller, more agile competition, and they’ll learn the three instantly actionable strategies to immediately drive any corporation back to momentum and growth.
Keynote Speaker: Matthew Pollard, Internationally Acclaimed Sales Speaker
5:00 PM - 6:30 PM | Exhibit Hall Opens & Welcome Reception
6:30 PM - 9:00 PM | BenefitsPRO Official Networking Party
Celebrate as we return in person and join your friends and colleagues at the premier networking party of the year for the benefits industry.
This year’s exclusive networking party will give you 2.5 hours to mix and mingle with nearly 1,000 attendees. Enjoy a variety of pop-up food stations and bars, a live DJ, and oversized lawn games on the beautiful Luna Lawn.
Tuesday, August 17, 2021
7:30 AM - 8:00 AM | Morning Meditation
8:45 AM - 10:00 AM | Don’t Go At It Alone: How to Win More New Groups through Tech Partnerships
Learn from brokers who adapted their new-group strategy and saw big results. Hear from a panel of brokers who used technology to differentiate themselves to prospects. They’ll share why this strategy worked for them, and how they went about making the change. In the second hour, we’ll present specific tactics for using technology to stand out from other brokers and close with networking so you can work through your new ideas with industry peers.
- How to incorporate tech into your pitch/renewal conversations
- How to incorporate tech into your prospecting
- How leaning on tech platforms can help improve your ROI on every group
- Steven Griswold, President - Griswold & Griswold Insurance Agency
- David Bryant, CEO - Brystra Agency
- Jesse Hernandez, Manager, Channel Partnerships - Rippling
9:00 AM - 10:15 AM | Networking Breakfast in Exhibit Hall Hosted by MyUncraveRx
10:15 AM - 11:00 AM | BenefitsPRO Broker of The Year Panel & Official Announcement
11:05 AM - 12:00 PM | Morning Headline Keynote: The Political Argument Today with George F. Will
The pandemic has imparted some new directions to American politics and has accelerated some trends that were present before the pandemic. Bipartisan failings-- fiscal irresponsibility, indiscriminate partisanship, ignoring predictable crises (e.g., the unsustainable trajectory of the entitlement programs)--present unprecedented challenges to the limited government and free markets that have produced the nation’s creativity and prosperity.
Keynote Speaker: George F. Will, America’s Foremost Political Columnist
12:00 PM - 1:45 PM | Networking Luncheon in Exhibit Hall
1:45 PM - 2:45 PM | Afternoon Headline Keynote: The Political Outlook with Ana Navarro
Ana Navarro deftly analyzes the current political landscape with her signature no-holds-barred candor and larger-than-life personality. Part political commentary, part prognostication, she shares hilarious and enlightening insider stories about the movers and shakers driving the nation's political conversations and analyzes what audiences can expect in 2021 and beyond.
Keynote Speaker: Ana Navarro, GOP Strategist, Political Contributor to CNN and Telemundo, and Co-Host of ABC’s The View
3:45 PM - 4:15 PM | Networking Break in Exhibit Hall Hosted by IDX
5:00 PM - 6:00 PM | Cocktail Reception in Exhibition Hall
Wednesday, August 18, 2021
10:30 AM - 10:45 AM | Networking & Refreshment Break
10:45 AM - 12:15 PM | Closing Keynote: BEN Talks – Remarkable Resilience
A rapid-fire series of TED talk-style keynotes from leading benefits visionaries who will discuss how they have overcome obstacles and challenges in their personal and professional lives to achieve great things.